Wednesday, May 19, 2010

What's Your Favourite Flavour of Ice Cream?


Yikes! I'm thinking I look much better dressed up as a big red dog, although my peripheral vision is much better in this get-up.

Here I am at Hillcrest School in Salmon Arm as part of my North Okanagan-Shuswap tour. What a terrific audience they were. Then again, everywhere I go on this tour, I've met vast hordes of enthusiastic readers who always ask the most interesting questions.

Yes, sure I get, "Where do you get your ideas," or "How long does it take to write a book?" But one bright little grade four student in Carlin asked, "What's your favourite flavour of ice cream?" My answer? "Tin Roof Sundae!" How can you beat the combination of chocolate, peanuts, vanilla, and whatever other magical ingredients they add? Of course, I'll eat pretty well anything (I draw the line at flavours containing live insects, reptile parts, or anything hexagonal) but Tin Roof Sundae is my very favourite.

Here's a question for you! What do you think would be the favourite flavour of ice cream for Buddy, Martin, Trixi, Arlo, Cassie, Mr. Butterworth (butterscotch?) or Ms. Baumgartner? If you have a guess, please send me an email, and I'll let you know if you're right.

No comments:

Post a Comment