Friday, May 11, 2012

Book Week Tour Day 5

The final day of my Book Week tour has arrived.  I spent the entire day at Our Lady of Fatima Catholic School, and what a day it was.  Thanks to the great staff and students at the school, I had a terrific time during my four readings and over lunch hour.

They had an art display in the gym, and this very original picture by Olivia really caught my eye:




Right after the readings, I headed into Grimsby's downtown for a few hours, sampling the offerings of their cafe, taking in their museum, and wandering about their picturesque neighbourhoods.


Then, I jumped on the train back to Toronto.

I sat with Jessica Scott Kerrin, another Book Week author.  It was great to swap stories of our Book Week adventures and talk about the writing life.  Monica met us at the train station to complete the circle of the week.

The week went by in a blur.  The Book Week organizers are absolutely right– The Book Week Tour is not for the faint of heart!  But what a great time it was.  Thanks again to Monica Winkler for her amazing organizational efforts and skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment