Sunday, May 6, 2012

Off to London . . . Ontario, that is

This morning, Monica Winkler picked me up at the hotel and drove me to the train station.  Thanks to the Toronto Marathon, some key roads were closed, forcing us into a wildly circuitous route. I didn't mind one bit, however, as our drive took us through some great neighbourhoods, including Cabbagetown, over the same bridge twice (the one in the photo), until we finally arrived at the train station.  I'm sure glad she knows Toronto so well.  She even dodged some construction with a well executed U-turn.

The train from Toronto to London was a great trip, enabling me to take in the southern Ontario countryside.

Now, I'm ready to roll for my first readings.  Monday, I'm at the Elgin County Library in the morning, then off to the Aylmer Public Library in the afternoon.

Should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment